Sunday, January 07, 2007

Not Letting Go

Ok, Ed from Dell called me this morning at 6:27am. Can you believe it?!

The call went like this:

Me: {groggy} Hello
Ed: Hello, this is Ed from Dell calling for DeniSe.
Me: *sigh* Ed, do you realize that it is 6:27 in the morning?!
Ed: I am sorry but this case was flagged as an urgent call back so I was calling to see if you had received the software we sent to you.
Me: Call back some other time, please!

So, now I just cannot drop it and boy is Ed going to get an earful. I have his callback number (he left it for me the other day). I wonder if this was flagged as urgent because he promised to call me back in three days and today is actually the 4th day.

And WTF is up with not checking the time in the time zone you are calling?! I realize that Ed is in India but certainly they must have something to tell them what time it is on WA state.

It reminds me of when Verizon called me at 6:42 one morning to thank me for switching over to Verizon DSL. When I called them back to complain about the call, the woman told me that they *never* call customers before 9am. So I told her that I had a call register over my Verizon phone line on my Verizon caller ID box that Verizon called me at 6:42 in the morning so don't tell me that Versizon does not call before 9am, TYVM. Then I canceled the DSL, refused the package when UPS delivered it and whenever Verizon calls to ask me if I want DSL, I tell them exactly why I will not.

No comments:

Post a Comment