Sunday, November 05, 2006

To Tell the Truth

Jax wants a Lego set for Christmas that has not been out since 2002. I can find it on ebay for about triple the original price but no way I am paying that price! He told me that he will just ask Santa for it then because Santa can get anything. I think we might need a heart-to-heart conversation about Santa this year. :(

I just signed Jax and Dex up for Little League for next spring. Practices start in February and league play begins the last weekend of March through to the beginning of June. This year, Jax will have to be evaluated and he will be placed on a team according to his skill so the teams are evenly distributed. Jax really, really wants to be on Gav's team again next year. He just might be because Gav is better than him and if they are sorted just right, they may end up on the same team. I cannot really say that to Jax though, can I? So I just told him that we will have to wait and see.

On Dex's registration, I wrote "We respectfully request that Dex not be placed on a team coached by Butt Head". Butt Head was his coach from last year. He actually seemed like he might be a good coach for kids over 12 but for 5, 6 and 7 year olds, he was horrible! He would make the kids run laps if they missed a ball. He MADE them hit both right and left (this is first year instructional coach-pitch league and they are just learning to hit the ball) during games. He would not let Dex catch because "there are no left-handed catchers in the Majors". He would tell the kids to run the bases but if they did not hit the bags with their left foot then they did it "wrong!". He would tell the kids they were "screwing around" if they did not pay attention. Definitely NOT the kind of coaching that Dex, at age 5 needed. His practices were not well run and he would often start batting practice 5 or 10 minutes before the practice was to end. I would either have to stay an extra 1/2 hour (keeping in mind that I have all three kids with me at the school yard where they practiced) or take Dex and leave with him crying because he did not get a chance to bat.

So, I just do not want to deal with BH again this year. I felt a little uncomfortable writing that on the registration form but there is no way either Stephen or I could suffer through another year of BH. Of course, after I submitted the registration, Dex chirps "I hope I am on the same team as last year!". Do I tell him?! *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment