Monday, November 13, 2006

Sleepless near Seattle

Blogging early today because we are having a windstorm and it is highly likely that the power will go out.

I think I have mentioned before that many (ok most) nights Cars will wake up and end up in bed with Stephen and I. Well, with me mostly since he sleeps on my side of the bed so really it has not been a problem for Stephen. However, one night last week Cars came in and ended up sleeping on Stephen's side of the bed. The next morning, Mr. Grouchy-due-to-lack-of-sleep-and-sharing-his-pillow-with-a-three-year-old said "This is ridiculous! He cannot sleep in our bed anymore!" Easy for him to say.

Cars never comes in our room on the weekends because Friday and Saturday are "Crazy Sleep Night" which means the boys can sleep anywhere in their room or the "other room". Some nights they all climb into the double bed, other nights they put their mattresses on the floor, sometimes they just sleep on the floor with no mattress and we will blow up the queen-sized airbed for them too. They all love "Crazy Sleep Night" and will discuss and plan all week where they will sleep on "Crazy Sleep Night". Anyway, on "Crazy Sleep Night", Cars never comes in our room. I think it is because when he awakens, he is close to either Jax or Dex and doesn't feel the need to come into our room.

Ok, so Stephen has had enough and I really would like to sleep a whole night without having to share my pillow so last night before bed, I told Cars that I wanted him to stay in his own bed all night long. And if he felt that he needed to come into our room, he would have to sleep on the floor. I figured that eventually he would tire of sleeping on the floor and eventually he would stay in his bed. He said "O-tay" and went to sleep.

At 3:23AM, the door to my bedroom opened and there stood Cars with his pillow and blanket. I told him to go back to bed and he announced that he was going to sleep on the floor of my room (notice that Stephen slept through all of this as he does most nights). I got up and arranged the pillow and blanket at the foot of the bed and Cars lay down and went right back to sleep.

Then this morning when we all came down for breakfast, Cars said to Jax and Dex in that teasing sing-song voice that kids use "I had "Crazy Sleep Night" last night! and you didn't. Ha ha ha-ha ha".

"No fair!" the others cried, "We only have "Crazy Sleep Night" on the weekends!"

Some arguing ensued and as much as I tired to convince Jax and Dex that Cars indeed did NOT have "Crazy Sleep Night" last night, they don't believe me. They want to sleep on the floor of my bedroom on a school night too. Help - I've created a monster!

I think tonight I will most likely be back to sharing my pillow with a 3 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment