Friday, November 10, 2006

Blah blah blah...

Book Club last night was fun. Our book was Wifey by Judy Blume. It was fun to re-read that book. I had originally read it when I was about 14 years old (OMG if my mother had ever found out I would be in so much trouble - more than I got in after my cousin was caught with the copy of Forever that I had lent to her).

Conversations were very interesting and I learned so much more about some of the women in our club - like I did not know that Ash had been engaged to someone before her dh!.

Today it is Veteran's Day (observed))so no school for the boys. I am planning to take the kids swimming at the club. Torrential rain again (why am I always surprised at how much it rains each November?) so I am certain it will just packed in the pool.

Stephen mentioned this morning that we really need to have someone do something about the drainage (or lack thereof) in our backyard. And the fact that the retaining wall is leaning over more and more each year (a result of drainage from our neighbour's property into our backyard). Come spring, however, when we get estimates for it, he will balk. Just like with the gutters (a higher priority IMO).

Oh my, it just started raining harder - how is that even possible?!

No comments:

Post a Comment