Sunday, November 12, 2006

Shop-a-holic

I am a little high from the smell of swishing credit cards. I have been buying stuff for me. I don't shop ~that~ often for myself except for basics (ok, stuff from Joann's and Michaels but that really don't count).

Anyway, I do spend a lot of time window shopping online. I found these pants and have been coveting these

for weeks and weeks and weeks now and they are finally on clearance so I ordered them online on Friday night (Stephen's fault since he was out and the kids were in bed and I was bored. ;) Anyway, they should be arriving this coming week. However, last night I went shopping with Ash and the pants were a little cheaper in the store than online and I really needed a smaller size than the one I ordered (happy dance!). So I bought them and I will have to return the bigger size when they come.

Well, these pants are a little long so I figured that I needed (NEEDED!) to buy some kind of shoes or boots with a heel. Boots, definitely boots. So, we went to Nordstrom's Half-Yearly Sale for Women and Children (love that nice long name for their sale and everyone around here actually refers to it as that, never just "Nordstrom's sale"). Boots galore! I found this pair

which I love. They would look great with a skirt (not that I actually wear them) or with pants. They were dressier than I was originally intending to buy but they are so nice and I had to have them. Plus the salesman was so very nice.

Then today I went to Fred Meyer (to buy groceries and our free-with-coupon turkey) but decided to take a detour to the "Outdoor Mall" as my children call it. Basically, it is a mall with all of the stores that you would find in any regular (indoor) mall. Not sure whose bright idea was it to build a outdoor mall when it rains for 6 straight months?! Anyway, I stopped at a shoe store and found these boots

which were more along the lines of what I had been thinking about buying. And they would look better with the cargo pants. Plus they were on sale, then an additional 50% off! Plus, if I bought a second pair of shoes or boots, they would take 20% off my entire purchase! So I bought these

which were on sale but not listed at 50% off but when the salesperson rang it all up, she took 50% off the sale price of them plus 20% off the entire purchase. So, those two pairs ended up being about $10 cheaper than the one pair of boots which I will be returning to Nordie's.

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment