Wednesday, April 02, 2008

When I went shopping on my birthday weekend, I saw this great pair of shoes in Macy's. They were sold out of my size in black (although they did have them in blue which were pretty but not practical for me). The salesman tried to convince me to buy the black in another size. Um, no. I will not buy shoes that do not fit me (unless they are under $10). ;) I asked the salesman to check if there were any other Macy's around that had my size. Success! They found two pair at the Macy's in Wenatchee! I can just go there and pick them up.

Ok, so are you thinking what I am thinking? WTH is Wenatchee? Answer: I did not know exactly but I knew it is on the other side of the mountains -and over a 2 hour drive (it is almost 2.5 hours). And remember, it is snowing in the lowlands so imagine what it is doing through Snoqualmie Pass?!

Now, if this had been Nordstrom's, they would have ordered them in for me. And probably had them shipped to me at no cost if I wanted. Argh, I can't stand Macy's shoe department!

Anyway, after my ordeal getting home from shopping, I realized that I really, really, really wanted those shoes (nothing like getting caught in the snow to make one realize that they *need* high heeled clogs) so I looked online and found the shoes at a couple of different shoe sites. I was going to order them from endless.com (gotta love the free overnight shipping!) but then I realized that I would have to pay sales tax (they now use amazon.com as their check-out and since amazon is based in WA, we have to pay sales tax). I ordered them from shoeline.com, got free shipping, no sales tax and I even found a code for 15% off at naughtycodes.com. So take that, Macy's! So, I will have to wait for them but considering we are still having winter weather, I don't mind waiting a week for them.

Oh, and here are the shoes:

No comments:

Post a Comment