Saturday, April 12, 2008

Two weeks ago tonight I got stuck in the snow. Today it was sunny and hot! What a difference.

The warm weather is not going to stay so I took advantage of it. Dex had a baseball game so Stephen drove him over early for warm-up and Jax, Cars and I walked. It was such a great idea at the time but it was much warmer than expected and I practically had to drag my 41 pound child the whole way (all 1.65 miles UP HILL)! He insisted on holding my hand the whole way which at first I thought was pretty cute but then the warm weather made for sweaty hands. Then I was not holding his hand TIGHT enough and he kept grabbing my fingers with his other hand and wrapping them tightly around his hand. Again, cute except that it was hot. Next, he did not want to wear his hoodie that he insisted on bringing so I had to jam it into the bag I was carrying (along with water bottles for all of us).

Then, when I mumbled something about the water bottles, he was suddenly parched and needed some water. He let go of my hand long enough to take a big chug of water, gave the water back to me and grabbed my hand again. About 100 yards further up the hill, he was thirsty again so we stopped, he chugged, etc.

We finally made it to the ball field just as the game was about to start so we did make good time despite me having to drag the preschooler and all the water breaks. Thankfully we were able to drive home in air conditioned comfort. Aaahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment