Tuesday, April 01, 2008

So far my kids are having a thrilling spring break. Let's see...yesterday (my birthday to remind you all), I took Cars to preschool (they are not on spring break) then I stopped at Starbucks to treat myself to an Earl Grey tea and a cranberry orange scone. I bought Jax and Dex a hot chocolate and that was the highlight of their day. Later, they had swimming lessons and we drove home in that snow thunderstorm. Oh, and we celebrated my birthday. ;)

Today, I let them play on the computer for a couple of hours and then they played outside before we went to Cars' swimming lesson. Then we went to the skateboard park for an hour. Dex wanted to leave after 10 minutes because one of the teenagers told him to quit standing around on one of the ramps and Dex was embarrassed. I made him stay but he would not go back on the ramps and spent the rest of the time trying to climb the rock wall and playing in the gravel. :\ Later, we drove to meet Stephen and I took Jax to see his psychologist.

How boring!! I feel guilty for not planning a real spring break for them but really, Cars is still in school and Stephen said he would take some time off but then did not mention it again. I decided not to send Cars to school for the rest of the week. Tomorrow afternoon we are going to go swimming at the club so they can practice and we'll stay for dinner. Perhaps on Thursday we can go to a movie (is there anything child-friendly and good playing?) and on Friday we are going to go into Seattle to do something. Anything!

Or maybe we'll just stay home and play Rock Band?

No comments:

Post a Comment