Monday, April 28, 2008

I conveniently finished correcting the spelling for Dex's class today during recess so I was able to approach the teacher to ask her to please consider placing Dex in Mrs. P's class for next year. She does not have 100% say in the placement as they do have to balance the class out by boy/girl and strong, medium and weak students, but her input will definitely be considered. She said she would do what she can for me and I do believe she will and is not just saying it. I told her that I was going to request "no job share" for him as well so that will cut out one of the classes. The job share class might be ok for him except that one of the teachers was Jax's teacher in 2nd grade when he had that horrible, horrible year. I have heard nothing but good things about the other teacher (and she is a very close friend of one of my friends) but that won't help the other 1/2 of the week as they alternate 2/3 and 3/2 days.

Now I have to work on the wording for the placements forms for both kids. I know nothing about the 5th grade teachers so I will just have to concentrate more on the social needs Jax has rather than the academic and just hope he gets a teacher who works for him. One concern I have is that at our school, the 5th grade classes are in the portables with no running water. Not ideal for someone who has OCD and a peanut allergy so he cannot wash his hands. We have a 504 Plan review next month to discuss how the school will handle this.

No comments:

Post a Comment