Sunday, April 27, 2008

I have been spending more time outside getting to know my new garden and yard. It has been fun to watch the bulbs come up and the buds come out. I have a purple azalea bush flowering right now and it is so pretty! (I had several pink azalea's at the other house). I have just one rhodie bush flowering right now and it is a pale pink colour. A little disappointing as I do prefer the more vibrant colours. I hope the others bloom soon although my nextdoor neighbour says they won't bloom due to years of neglect and over-pruning. We'll see...

Quite a few weeks ago I noticed wrote that deer had eaten my tulips but had ignored the hyacinths. Well, apparently since the tulips are gone, they started in on the grape hyacinth and have virtually eaten them all. Funny, they left the pink ones alone.

Pink hyacinth and chewed tulips

Grape Hyacinth and Deer prints (tracks?)

Sole blooming tulip

And since I am sharing photos, here is one of our birthday present to Jax. It is a life-size wall sticker of Boba Fett. He *loves* it and it goes well in his Lego Green room.

No comments:

Post a Comment