Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ramblings

Stephen drove to Seattle to pick my mom up from the shuttle bus that runs from the Vancouver airport (she flew there this morning from Edmonton where she had been visiting my sister). The radiator hose that he repaired came loose and there was smoke (oh, I guess steam) billowing out from under the hood as he drove across THAT bridge. He got off the highway on the other side and bought a screw driver, water, radiator fluid and made the repair. Apparently when he was replacing it he broke a small piece off the radiator where the hose attaches so he cannot get the clamps to tighten as much as they should. I am so stressed about this. I just know the car will break down on the highway or something when I am driving it. ~stress~ Ok, I have just made up my mind that I am never driving that car again. Ever.

Anyway, so he picked up my mom and she is here for a week. We have a very crazy busy week with Jax's appointment with the psychologist (that was tonight), Dex's baseball practice tomorrow night, First Communion class for Dex on Thursday, Jax's sleepover b-day party Friday. I think we might be able to eat dinner together as a family on Saturday night. And who knows if we'll get any shopping done or not either (other than a Costco run tomorrow morning).

Oh, and I wanted to mention that on Sunday afternoon, when I took Jax shopping for a bathing suit at Old Navy, a woman with grey hair approached me and we started talking grey hair. She asked me if I were 25. I guess the LancĂ´me High RĂ©solution Eye Collaser-5X™ that I bought with my birthday money is working! ;) Seriously, I think she was just a bit of a nut. In the 90 seconds that we spoke, I found out that one of her sons was gay, the other needs a girlfriend and that her Australian boyfriend, whom she met in Arizona, loves her grey hair and how it looks with her green jacket. LOL

If I colour my hair again, do you think I might get carded?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment