Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ok, my mom was well enough to travel to Vancouver. It hasn't snowed since Monday and I fell off the room so my PMS is over. Whew! Of course, the car is not yet repaired because not only was the radiator broken but so was the water pump (I am trying not to regret the decision to fix it).

Cars is still sick (stomach bug) so he hasn't been to preschool all week. Then he developed pinkeye so off we went to the doctor today for eye drops. I hope he is well enough to go on Friday.

Dex has baseball practice today. As every Wednesday, the ball fields are always in use by others when we get there. I am angry at the league (and coach) for not handling this correctly. The fields are "owned" by the city but on are the school property and the little league has a contract with the city but the school is hosting softball games and tournaments on it every Wednesday it seems. Last week we had to drive across the city to a soccer field to practice. Tonight, we moved to a field across from where we were supposed to play but another team was booked on that field. That coach decided perhaps both teams could have a practice game so it worked out in the end. I hope they have it all straightened out next week.

I have noticed since I had been blahging about Dex's experience with Zyrtec and tics, I have had a lot of hits on my blahg from people searching for it. I believe this is an under reported problem with Zyrtec. I checked out the FDA site to report a problem but you can only report "serious adverse events". Then I decided it was a serious adverse event so I filled in a report. I hope others who are experiencing do the same.

Jax is going to buy lunch tomorrow at school for the first time in...ages. I think he bought lunch the second week of school back in September and that was the last time. Stephen is going to meet him (well, he is meeting Dex at 11:30 and Jax at 12:00) so Jax will feel comfortable having a parent with him. I have been having a hard time arranging for a day to meet Jax when there was food that he liked (very limited range here). So, tomorrow is "Twin Taco" day and he likes that.

Of course with the jalopy out of commission, I have to drive to pick Stephen up from work, bring him here for lunch then take him back to work. Fortunately, he figured out the bus schedule and will take the bus to work in the morning(as he did today). The car should be fixed by the afternoon so he can drive home. We'll see...

Stephen's birthday is on Friday. He has asked for herbs for the garden (they will die because it is too cold), a brush to clean the grill and a shoeshine cloth. OMG. Could his list be any lamer? How can I take the kids to buy something from that list? Seriously. I think I will just take them to Target and let them pick ANYTHING they want as anything they pick will be better than those items. ~eyeroll~

No comments:

Post a Comment