Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I had a day similar to Katie's. A non-stay-at-home mom kind of day. First, I headed to the eye doctor to return the contact lenses that were ordered for me since they were the wrong prescription. I could not figure out why the right eye was so blurry and it turns out it is because they would work for someone who is nearly legally blind! OMG they were strong. The funny thing is when I took them back the lady at the office said she would "order them myself so I know we will get you the right ones this time!" yet she was the one who ordered them for me in the first place. :D

Next, we went to swimming lessons for Cars. He is doing a great job and is down to two floaties (from 3) on his swim belt. He worked so hard.

After swimming lessons, it was off to the elementary school to pick up Jax and Dex for a trek into Seattle (across THAT bridge - eep!) to the allergist. After weighing and measuring and blowing into tubes for all three boys, the doctor came in. I told her I wanted to talk about Dex and his tics because caused by Zyrtec. She listened to me and I showed her the medical article that I found. She said that she sees a lot of kids with tics and sometimes it is hard to know if they are "just tics" or allergy tics or caused perhaps from the medicine which is not well documented. Anyway, she was interested in the article and said she would do more research tonight and contact me. And she told me to make sure I give the same info to the neurologist when we go in May. In the meantime, I am to put Dex back on Flonase (and Jax and Cars) for his seasonal allergies.

Next was a drive home and a stop at Safeway then to Jack In The Box for dinner (I swore I would never eat there again but the kids begged - I am a sucker so we went and the "fast food" took nearly 20 minutes again).

Tomorrow, I don't want to leave the house except of course I need to walk the boys to the bus and take Cars to school then pick Jax up from school for a doctor's appointment (wellness check and to talk about his weight loss) then pick everyone else up from school. Then there's Dex's baseball practice. :\

No comments:

Post a Comment