Sunday, June 24, 2007

We went to dinner at a friend's house last night. They bought a plot of land behind their house and it is so cool. They call it "the meadow" and it is overgrown with grass and wild flowers. There are cherry, plum and apple trees on the lot (a little shy of an acre). They installed a sliding door in their fence to access the meadow and another small door for their girls to run in and out. It is wonderful!

Also, the land creates a short-cut for them to a park that leads directly to the lake. It is about a 10 minute walk to the water. It is a very small park that I had never been to before. The beach is small - about 50 feet perhaps, but the neatest thing about it is that there is a beaver lodge along the shoreline just past the beach. There were several trees that had been recently felled by the beavers. It was so cool to see the ones that they were currently 'working' on. I have never seen that before! In fact, I had no idea that there were beavers on 'our' lake. I will definitely go back to that park again!

Tomorrow is the last day of school for Jax and Dex. They just have 1/2 day (3 hours). I have the gift for Jax's teacher so I will have to go in. We had money left over from the class party fund so we purchased gift cards for the teacher. Also, I had the kids fill in a "VIP" sheet for the teacher. She has the kids make one for each kid in the class and they are very cute so I thought it would be fun for the kids to make one for her. It worked out well that she was away last week so the substitute teacher had the kids complete them in class. I then took them, put them in page protecters and into a duo-tang (ok, I hope you guys know what that is and my Canadian isn't showing).

For Dex's teacher, of course ALL of the party fund$ were $pent so we all pitched in $2 to buy the teacher a huge lavender plant. At least I hope it is huge for $40. I also made her some note cards out of an Art Start project (the kids embroidered swirls on muslin - I was going to quilt them but after several panic attacks decided just to spray mount them on cardstock and mount those on blank cards). They still took me over 6 hours to make but they look nice and the teacher will have some cards to write thank-you's to her students for the lavender plant. ;) I should have taken a photo before I wrapped them up.

Now that all of the wrapping paper and scrapbooking/card making supplies are away I think I shall indulge in a wee bit of chocolate. I feel off the roof today and chocolate is the only thing that helps with cramps. Well, only thing besides Advil, Tylenol and Anaprox. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment