Saturday, June 16, 2007

Today was all about Dex. It was his last baseball game for the season (Go Cubs!). And today was his birthday party.

He had a pool and pizza party at the club where I work out. The kids swam for about an hour then we moved to the party room (daycare center really!) and they ate pizza, cake and played with the toys in there (the Lego was a big hit).

Since the party was at a pool, Dex picked luau invitations so I made a beach-theme cake. Fun and easy to do! Palm tree from Imaginext pirates, umbrella pick, Swedish fish and Swedish "sea life" gummies, tinted green, tan, blue icing and graham cracker crumbs for sand.



Dex had such a blast swimming at the party. The club provided a party coordinator who takes the kids into the pool and plays with them, supervises them in the change room and then serves the pizza and cake for the kids. It was low stress and very relaxing (except when one kid sank to the bottom of the pool when he jumped in and the lifeguard jumped in after him - he had to wear a swim belt after that).

A house is for sale up the street and I was so excited when I learned of it! It is exactly my house but it has a "daylight basement" because they are on a hill. I always said my house would be perfect if it had a basement and here was my house for sale for a "reasonable" price (reasonable being subjective since the prices of houses are outrageous here). The basement is not finished but is plumbed for a bathroom and definitely could be finished and would not have to be done immediately. I looked at it yesterday afternoon then Stephen and I went to see it today. He nixed it though because he says when he buys a new house it will be an "upgrade" not our exact same house with an unfinished basement. Totally burst my bubble. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment