Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tomorrow is Cars' last swim class until September. I am sure I have mentioned that he no longer cries when he swims and he just lives for the "candy" that I buy for him after the class (he usually choses a small bag of cheetos or crackers with cheese - both of which he should not be eating due to his allergy). Anyway, today he asked me how many more swimming lessons he had and when I told him just one more until he is four years old, he jumped up and down and shouted "Yeah!". It was so funny but a little sad because I want him to really love swimming.

Tomorrow is Jax's class end-of-year party even though 1) it is not yet the end of the year and 2) his teacher is out of town until Friday. She did not want to have it on Friday because it is "clean out the classroom day". I must remind her that Jax is not allowed to clean anything besides his own mess (in case he accidentally touches pb). Anyway, the party tomorrow will consist of a kick-ball game of kids v. parents and substitute teacher (I don't imagine she has *any* idea of this), a limbo contest (no prize yet - still thinking) and then ice cream and juice. Laurie is in charge of kick-bsll and I will run the limbo contest. I have lots of leis and tropical tattoos for the kids too. I hope they have fun.

All of the 3rd grade parents are concerned with who their children will get for 4th grade. Currently, there are just 3 4th grade classes but they will have to add a teacher for next year. And one of the 4th grade teachers now seems like such a mean, unfriendly and rude person. One of my friends sent an email to the principal this week stating she did not want her son in that teacher's class because she was rude and mean to her students. The principal replied that she could not honour such requests and my friend fired back that she would pull him out and homeschool him if he ended up there. With our luck, Jax will get her. :\

Ok, off to watch the news. Has anyone been following the story of the Vaughn Family? The kids attended our school before they moved to Illinois. The school is offering counseling for the children are feeling a sense of loss. It is shocking and very sad (and of course we want to know what happened!).

No comments:

Post a Comment