Saturday, June 02, 2007

Jax's last day of baseball! It was again a devastating loss but they were all good sports. The coach had every player who had yet to pitch to go in the game and pitch to two players. Jax had his pitching debut and he walked the first runner (but he did throw two strikes) and then he again threw three balls and two strikes before the player his the ball (but he was thrown out at first!). Jax was so proud of himself and I am happy that his coach let them all play. And kudos to the coaches of the other team for being patient and kind about it.

The end-of-season party was held at a nearby country club where the kids swam for a couple of hours at the outdoor pool. The head coach did a great job of making little autograph books for each kid where the kids could go and sign by their own photos.

Dex has two more games and a party which has yet to be scheduled. I am so looking forward to the return of my Saturdays and Cosmo Fridays. ;)

After the party, the kids crashed and Stephen started working again on the fence. I cut the rhodies, birch tree (achoo!) and the japanese maple out the front. I need to work on the photinia bushes which grow like weeds. I would love to pull them all out (we have 6 - 2 in front and 4 in back). When I cut them I totally fill up the yard waste bins and it takes three weeks to clear it all out and leaves no room for grass clippings.

No comments:

Post a Comment