Saturday, June 23, 2007

Garage (no) Sale

Well, I guess technically there was a garage sale because I put a bunch of $hit out to sell but we did not sell a lot. The "neighbourhood" garage sale apparently wasn't. The neighbourhood assoc'n did not advertise. The dumpster never materialized and I know I am not the only one a little irked about this. Late last night I put an ad on Craigslist and put out a couple of signs this morning.

All that work and I only made $91 - which is not a lot considering I sold an xBox ($20), a wagon and trailer ($20), a trike ($8) and several DVD's for a buck each ($8). The rest were all 25 cents to $2.00 things. I had to drop the price on my key items (wagon and xBox) because I had no customers for the first 45 minutes! When does that ever happen?! Anyway, I will never rely on someone else when it comes to advertising GS's.

I also have two van-loads of items to go to Goodwill. I will have to do it tomorrow. And once that is done, I will enjoy my less-crowded garage, closests and rafters in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment