Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Summer O'Fun 2007 Day 2

Today, we had a hitch and bike rack installed on our van so I can more easily take the kids' bikes to the park or where ever. Until now, I had have to cram Dex's and Cars' bikes in the back of the van then position Jax's across the middle row seat. This has left grease stains on the seat and the handlebars are often poking Cars in the head. This rack will be make things so much easier. Although, I will have to remember that there is an extra 18" sticking out behind my van when the rack is on (and more than 24" when it is on and the bikes are on it). Already today I back into a curb (ouch!) and scraped the bottom of the rack when I went up a very steep driveway. *@#&$! Nice way to ruin the new rack. Anyway, it will get its first try-out tomorrow when I take the kids along with their bikes, skateboards and scooters to the skateboard park. Wish me luck!

After the bike rack installation (and lunch at Burger King while we waited), Jax and Dex made a pirate board game. It is borrowed heavily from The Game of Life: Disney's Pirates Of The Caribbean™: Dead Man's Chest, (which Jax played at a friend's house) but it still some of their own touches and it kept them busy for two hours:

Here's a picture of the game (which we played after dinner - Cars won!):


And here is a photo of them modeling their tie dye shirts (I had just taken them out of the dryer and they wanted to wear them so I let them put them on for 3 minutes only - mean mom that I am, only letting them dirty one set of clothes a day). They are excited to wear them tomorrow when we meet up with friends (who will also be wearing theirs):



And finally, here is a (blurry) photo of a hummingbird visiting the feeder. You will probably have to click to view it larger because the hummingbird is reddish and blends in with the red maple tree:



So, it has been a good summer so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment