Thursday, June 07, 2007

A house a quarter of a mile up the street caught fire this afternoon. About 4:30 a fire truck when screaming up the street and there were two helicopters circling. Ash said three more trucks went by her house then too. Fortunately, no one was hurt (the teenage boys got out of the house) but their cat perished in the fire. I heard from neighbours that it was a "chemistry experiment" gone wrong. Not exactly sure what that means but it is scary to think of what may have happened with the boys in the house while the parents were at work.

Tomorrow, I am teaching Art Start in Dex's class. I do not have anyone to help out and the remaining lesson for the 1st grade curriculum is too involved (mixing dry tempera paint with liquid starch) for just me to handle/prep so I am teaching them from the 2nd grade lesson plans. There were no supplies in the Art Start supply cabinet for this project so I had to buy some beads at Michael's. It ticks me off that the supplies are not around for these lessons. If I had gone with the tempera/liquid starch plan, I would have had to buy those supplies too and no doubt will hear from the chair that there are no funds left to reimburse me. I won't be reimbursed for the beads for tomorrow's lesson but they were cheap enough and again, this is a 1st grade class. And besides, beading is FUN for me and I will be happy to keep whatever is left over.

And speaking of Art, well crafts, well my mom's club crafts...today was the last meeting and the last craft of the year. Now I can spend my time and energy PLANNING for next year's crafts. I seriously plan to do things differently this year and will try to get as many supplies/prep done during the summer so I will be far less stressed in the Fall/Winter/Spring. :)

And blather blather blather. What a boring blahg entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment