Sunday, June 03, 2007

I did a whole lot of not much today. I replanted more flowers (found more pots in the garage) and some herbs, I set up the slip'n'slide for the kids, swept the deck, tidied the garage and that's about it. What a lazy Sunday. I had a short nap before dinner too!

I made several stepping stones last weekend with the leftover cement that Stephen mixed for the fence post. I used lots of tumbled glass that I had and they all look so pretty. They are about 8" in diameter (the moulds were plastic plant trays) and today, I have lined them beside the walkway up to the front door, under the boxwood shrubs.

Oh, it just started raining and I hear thunder. It is pretty rare for us to have a thunderstorm! I think I will turn out the lights to see lightening (if there is any).

edited to add some photos that I taken before I blogged but did not post them:

The one on the left we made last year:

The one in the middle was made in 2004 and had handprints of Jax, Dex and Cars

I love this one!


I also have a few more that were made last year as examples for Dex's kindergarten class. We used ceramic tiles with the tumbled glass around (like the one in the first photo).
I would like to get some new bark to put in the gardens to make the stones look "built in" rather than just placed in the dirt. One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment