Friday, December 10, 2004

Tonight was the first night of book club. I had a blast. It was so fun to sit around with some great women (sans children) and chat and eat and drink and eat and chat and eat and drink and eat and chat. I just got home! It was fun discussing the book but mostly we talked about other things...like a real book club should. Laurie set up a dummy in her front hall that looked like a woman lying on the floor with empty boxes of bon bons and a bottle of wine at her feet! lol Next month the book selection is The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. Ash will be hosting.

Jax spent the day at home lying on the couch. He ate one bite of toast and one bite of carrot. By dinner time he was hungry and he gobbled down a bowl of chicken noodle soup which he promptly spewed across the kitchen table. He went to bed just as I was going out (at 8pm) so I am not sure how he is feeling at the moment. Better I hope. I guess I cannot send him to school tomorrow.

Stephen is in a better mood than this morning so perhaps he does not need FPT afterall.

I spoke to MIL today who was aghast that I had not yet sent out pictures and thank you's for Cars' baptism (yes, I know I am waaaaaaaaaay behind). But guess what? HER son has not sent them either. >:P Why it is always the mom's job to do that shit? I mean Stephen could be writing the cards and getting the pictures printed. And who is doing all of the Christmas cards? Certainly not him! Sheesh! I think this is the last year I am going to send them to his side of the family.

Well time for bed. I have my annual GYN appt tomorrow afternoon. Nanny is coming for the first time in a couple of weeks. It will be nice to have a couple of hours to myself (so I can go to the post office, and do some Christmas shopping).

No comments:

Post a Comment