Friday, December 24, 2004

The most wonderful time of the year?!

Stephen received a call from his doctor today reminding him to follow up about some scar tissue on his lungs. Hello? What is this all about? Seems he conveniently forgot to mention that to me when he went a few months ago to find out about some chest pains he was having (which started in MAY and he did not go until August or September!). And he conveniently forgot to follow up with her. So after I harrass him for 10 minutes he finally tells me about it. Then he says he will call next week to make an appointment. I told him to call right away and make the appointment for next week. He proceeds to call then makes the appointment for today to "ease your mind", he says.

Ok, it is Christmas Eve. We still have shopping to do (food shopping). We still have to reorganize the house to make room for two tables for dinner for tomorrow. We still have shopping to do. How can having him drive 15 miles to the doctor on the busiest day of the year "ease" my mind?

Then, as I was sitting there dumbfounded because he was so asinine as to make the appointment for one hour from that moment, I notice that we have water leaking from the upstairs bathroom again into the family room. F*CK! I glared at Stephen because I told him that what I wanted for Christmas (besides World Peace and a cure for cancer) was for the leak in the bathtub to be fixed and he brushed me off saying that it wasn't a real present.

So now that other shoe has dropped I am upset and angry and worried.

Bah humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment