Saturday, December 11, 2004

I have it figured out. The more I post about my kids being sick the sicker they become. So no more! That's it. We are only talking about how HEALTHY they are!

Hale and hearty Jax keeps tattling on himself. "Mom, I jumped on the couch." and "Mom, last week I said a bad word at school." He is worried that Santa is going to find out and bring him only a lump of coal.

Strapping Dex has ramped up on the speaking again. I swear that boy does not shut up. Ever. And he TALKS LIKE THIS! YES, HE TALKS IN CAPS! AND says "EXCUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME CAN I TALK?" if someone dares utter a word during his monologue. Again, it is hard to believe that he ever had a speech delay.

We bought a Christmas tree today. It is great! Seven feet tall and very straight. I had to buy more lights to put on it. I think it looks great. I might post a picture after it is decorated (only the lights are on it right now). Oh, forgot to mention that the best part of my tree is that it was $19.97 at Home Depot.

Stephen wants an xbox for Christmas. I cannot find one anywhere without a bunch of other stuff (games and dvd remote). You'd think he could get a discount from work but they do not discount the hardware because they make no money on it - only on the games.

I am going to be one of the million other last-minute shippers at the post office on Monday. Ugh - I wonder how long the lines are going to be. I finally finished my shopping for gifts that need to be mailed.

Last night was Stephen's work Christmas party. It was at his manager's house. I hadn't seen her in a long time but my nanny is her nanny Mon-Thur. She and Stephen used to work together at the research lab at the U of MN but now that she is his manager then we do not socialize with her. It is a little awkward because we used to do things like pumpkin carving parties and trips to the park together but no longer. The very first 4th of July fireworks celebration I went to was with her when we lived in Minneapolis (in 1994!). It is kind of sad but to keep things professional, Stephen has taken a big step back from her.

The good thing about last night was FREE babysitting. Ash watched the kids. I will watch hers next week when they go to her dh's Christmas party. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment