Saturday, February 24, 2007

Grey

Yes, this is yet another post about grey hair. I am still obsessed with my decision to grow out my grey hair and I probably will be obsessing about it until I am old and...well, you know).

Have you seen the new Dove commercial (that they cannot show on tv? - link here). Dove has come out with a line of "Pro-Age" (vs Anti-Age) products, including a line of hair-care products for grey hair. Good for them!

I am not sure what it is but suddenly there is a surge of articles about aging and accepting your grey hair. Where was all the grey hair stuff a year and a half ago when I was looking for it for help - and acceptance - for growing in the grey? Every time I googled "growing in grey/gray hair" I could only find articles about how to hide grey hair, how to cover grey hair, how to prevent grey hair, how to stop grey hair or even how to REVERSE grey hair (by drinking cabbage juice or some other equally revolting thing). Where were the articles about going grey gracefully?!

I found articles which stated it was acceptable for men to be grey (think Anderson Cooper) but not for women. I only found one helpful article which suggested using low-lights to help with the transition. Just one!

Anyway, this all-of-a-sudden interest in grey hair makes me wonder if we'll see any female celebrities deciding to buck the trend and let their grey hair show. Will my other friends with premature grey (because that is what we have right? I mean, I am not OLD!) also give up their hair colourists or boxes of L'Oreal and go with the salt and pepper look too? I hope so. I hope so.

I don't want to be the only old-looking mom on the playground.

Proverbs 16:31
Gray hair is a crown of glory;
it is attained by a righteous life.

No comments:

Post a Comment