Sunday, February 11, 2007

We did not make it to church today. Cars had a bad night (croup!) so we were up often through the night and outside for a while trying to get the coughing to stop. Then he ended up in our bed. He has a cold and has been miserable all day. Dex is feeling better today. He was so upset that he might miss school tomorrow that I think he willed himself well! For some reason it is important to him not to miss a day of school this year. Anyway, if he is better in the morning I will send him to school because and Jax are also starting their after school animation class.

I spent much of today getting things ready for Jax's class party for Valentine's Day. Tying ribbons around pencils and little packettes of Hershey's Kissables (a safe, peanut-free chocolate treat!), making paper hearts with Valentine's Day jokes on them (What did the farmer give his wife for Valentine's Day? Hogs and Kisses!). The boys also wrote their Valentine's for their classes (I wrote Carson's but he doodled on them) and we taped mini-tootsie pops to the cards. I have not decorated the house at all this year for Valentine's Day. I don't usually do much but I do something! Welcome, Mommy Guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment