Monday, February 26, 2007

"Guacamole" has become a word synonymous with "Aloha" to my kids. They say it to their friends when they greet them or when they leave. The love to yell it too. And now their friends say it too. Apparently whenever Ash drives her kids by our house, her kids will shout "Guacamole" out the window.

Another word they love to say is "Nacho". Especially Cars. He drags out the "o" sound at the end and it almost always turns into a laugh for him - "Nachooooo-o-o-o!" I guess if you say it like he does it can be fun to say.

So, people will say "Hello" to my children and they will respond with "Guacamole" or "Nacho". It is rather embarrassing unless they are greeting Ash's kids.

During Mass yesterday, right after I had to separate Jax and Dex because they were thumb wrestling, we were giving each other a sign of Peace ("Peace be with you"), Cars started shaking hands and saying "Pizza Nacho!" in his not-so-little-voice. Of course, Jax and Dex thought this was funny and snickered which only encouraged Cars to say it louder with each hand he shook. People who were sitting not-so-close to us were turning to see what was going on. I tried to shush him but he just turned away from me to wish someone else "Pizza Nacho!".

I am beginning to think he could have toughed it out for the remainder of the year in that Sunday school class.

No comments:

Post a Comment