Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Taking Care of Business

Today is "Taking Care of Business" Day for Cars' school. I have to take in all of the forms such as emergency contact list, immunization records, his Epi Pen and authorization form from the allergist, etc. Oh, and I probably need to take in the school supplies (I still haven't found that Bingo Art kit!).

Cars' preschool is at our church however, because there is no school at our church, they made an agreement with a sister church (and school) to run the preschool. So, all payments, correspondence and, of course the "Taking Care of Business" Day takes place at the sister church. Yes, at the sister church which is 8 miles away (and off the Plateau, battling traffic away) versus our church which is 1.75 miles away (only three stop lights away). But first I must drive to the allergist's office which is in the opposite direction. Ok, quickly figuring it all out...a total of nearly 34 miles today. And not fun miles. It is 34 miles on city strees and in Seattle-area traffic, where Stephen's approximate 10 mile commute takes 35-45 minutes, it is a long drive.

Anyway, I am still waiting for the school psychologist to call me back. I was really hoping to have the 504 plan in place before the first day of school but of cousre this is not going to happen. We had better not have the same problems with peanuts in the classroom on the first day like we had last year. I do not want to pull Jax out of school everyday at lunch again like we did for the first week last year. That was stressful on all of us.

Eeek! I just had a phone call that a MOPS meeting scheduled for this morning has been moved to MY HOUSE! Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment