Monday, August 07, 2006

Summer O'Fun 2006 Day 36

Golf today for Jax and Dex. I introduced myself to the director today after I had to send him a note last week because some cretin child pushed a candy bar with peanuts in Jax's face after Jax and Gav asked the kid not to eat the candy bar at their table. Fortunately, the bar did not actually touch him. The kid said he didn't believe there was any such thing as a peanut allergy and when Jax and Gav got up and moved away, the kid followed them, taunting Jax. I was so proud of how Jax (and Gav) handled it but Jax told me he was unsure what to do when this kid kept harassing him.

I wanted the director to know it had happened and that Jax needed a safe place to go should this happen again. Geez, I was really not expecting this shit until middle school. The cretin child apparently was not there today. Next week is the last week so hopefully he will not be there then either.

While Jax and Dex were at golf, I took Cars shopping for sleeping bags and looked at other camping gear. Our camping trip is this weekend and I am starting to panic about it - the supplies that we do not yet have, the food planning, what about bugs and critters and worst of all - it is only going to be in the low 60's on the weekend!!! We are going to freeze our asses off! Nooooo! It had better not rain or I will not go.

And our van is small so I worry about getting all the stuff into the van. We may take out one of the middle seats and pile the sleeping bags and pillows there.

Ok, off to check out a Camping for Beginners article on about.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment