Thursday, August 17, 2006

Summer O'Fun 2006 Day 44

I organized a day at the beach today for everyone, only to wake up to an overcast, 60 degree morning. Ash was sure the sun would come out so we headed out anyway and arrived at noon. It was still chilly but the clouds did blow away and the sky was blue. We ate lunch in the park area and it had warmed up by the time we finished so we headed to the beach. One nice thing was that our group was the only one on the whole beach for the first hour or so (5 moms and 12 kids).

Jax of course dug a hole. Dex had a crying fit because I did not bring his floatie. Cars dumped sand down his bathing suit then demanded I clean it out (he has become quite sassy since turning three!).

Now I am attempting to cook dinner (beer can chicken). The last time I made this I undercooked the chicken, knocked it over and had to throw the whole thing out (and nevermind that I also burnt the top of my Lazy Daisy cake while it was under teh broiler because I thought I would just be a second while I stepped outside to get the chicken off the grill).

So, no cake tonight. I am just serving raw veggies, salad and bread. Easy? I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment