Thursday, August 24, 2006

Summer O'Fun 2006 Day 49

We went to the Pacific Science Center today and the kids had a great time. The exhibits there are really great - although some are exactly the same as some at Telus Science World, where we went at the beginning of the month in Vancouver.

Anyway, there was a special exhibit called GameOn with over 100 video and arcade games ranging from Pong up to new Xbox 360 games. It was a blast I forgot how fun it was to play Space Invaders, Galaga and Asteroids. And, of course, Tetris, which is very near and dear to me. I used to play it for hours on end when I was stressed and no one could ever touch my high score. Stephen, who prided himself at being a gamer, was always in awe of my high scores. And true to form, I even made high score today at the exhibit!

However, I must say that my reflexes are not what they were and years of working on a computer has caused repetitive stress injuries (RSI), specifically tendinitis and bursitis, and they have flared up. So, after playing video games for a few hours, I need to take some ibuprofen. How sad is that?!

Oh, and speaking of Tetris, I saw a Lexus with a licence plate that said TETRIS at the club last Tuesday. I figured the car probably belongs to Alexey Pajitnov who is the inventor of Tetris. He now works for BigSoftwareCompany and he also invented one of my other favourite puzzle games, Hexic.

No comments:

Post a Comment