Saturday, August 05, 2006

Happy 3rd Birthday, Cars!

Cars is three! How did that happen? Really, how did it?

We had his birthday party today - Pirates of the Caribbean. There was a beanbag toss, pin the treasure chest on the pirate map, they made pirate jewelry, wore pirate bandanas, eye patches and played with balloon swords (we sent them home with plastic ones).

We decided to have a bbq with the families rather than just kids so it was nice to have adult interaction along with the kiddie stuff. I goofed twice though when I 1) put 3-7 on Laurie's invitation instead of 4-7 so she showed up early while we were still getting ready and 2) I served her a salad with wonton noodles and she is allergic to wheat! OMG, I was horribly embarrassed.

Other than that, the kids did have fun. The balloon swords were a bit hit (although they burst easily - I think we went through almost the whole bag of 100 balloons).

I will try to post some pictures later. Stephen was in charge of the camera so there were not many pictures nor good pictures!

Happy birthday to my dear, sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment