Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Over the past few weeks I have heavily censored my blog. For a number of reasons but in part because someone I had mentioned in passing in an entry found my blog when he searched for himself on GOOGLE. Who knew that blogger was searchable? Or that my blog would come up in one of the first couple of pages of results? Anyway, it was never my intention that he would see or read it. I did apologize to him for having using his full name. And I appreciate his apology to me.

And then I started thinking that really I had been self-censoring for a while. Two of my three bothers (not a typo ;) read my blog. One found it when I had forwarded a site to him and there was a link to my blog on it. Darn, so no more talking about him or his family. ;)

So, I often look through my site meter to see what is being looked at on my blog. That is when I found out a lot of hits on a photo of my three boys in a pool. Strange that people in Malaysia, Europe, Australia and all over the USA just "happened" to find that picture. So, that is when I deleted most of the pictures of my kids off my blog.

Anyway, while checking out the site meter a few days ago, I saw that someone came to my blog via June 2005 archives then proceeded to read through most of my blog. Hmmm, I wonder what was so interesting about that month and who on earth did I know in Stouffville, Ontario? The only one I could think of was my Grade 5 teacher. So, I went to June 2005 and lo and behold, my Grade 5 class picture (I had forgotten I had posted it) with Mr. L (again, I have since edited out his name).

So, I started wondering what was on my blog that I would not want anyone to read. Mostly stuff about the outlaws so I went through and edited a few things out. Then I was cross with myself because I did not want to edit my blog. I deleted an old blog because I was doing the same damn thing when I had misgivings about having written about Crybaby.

No more. No more censoring. No more editing. I will own what I write. I will stand by it.

So, here it is. My blahg. Like it or lump it.

No comments:

Post a Comment