Thursday, January 05, 2006

There was a constant downpour of rain today. I think it let up a bit about 5pm but otherwise, it was pouring! I know you are thinking (Seattle - rain - duh!) but really it does not rain this hard that often. We just get rain often, not necessarily a lot of it at once. The rain this past week or so has been unreal. I hope it lets up a bit so we can get the kids outside on the weekend.

Tonight at the Sunday School planning session, the director of Children's Faith Formation almost screamed because there was this "thing" crawling across the floor. It was a Northwestern Salamander. This poor little black thing was walking slowly and purposefully across the middle of the floor in this big room. He was covered in dust bunnies so I wonder where he had been hiding. One of the Sunday School teachers and I took it outside. I am surprised that there even were things like that around here!

Today, a letter from the principal was sent home to parents to let us know that the county sheriff's office will be holding a meeting at the school tomorrow evening to discuss "the recent relocation of a level III sex offender to our area.". WTF?! What is it about our area?! That will make *5* registered sex offenders in the school's area. Unless this is about the rapist who moved here in November. But there already was a meeting about it at the library! There is no new info on the county website. I will see if I can get a babysitter to come so I can go to the meeting (it starts before Stephen gets home from work).

BTW, someone from Australia did a search on that same photo of my boys. Does this mean some sickos are passing the link around?! That makes 5 or 6 hits in two weeks. I have deleted the photo and most others of the kids off the blog but the if you google images, you can still see a little picture of them but not the full-sized image.

No comments:

Post a Comment