Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's over

The affair is over. It lasted just over six years. From the beginning, I was in awe of him. He was confident, assuring and patient. We met monthly in the beginning. Eventually he insisted that we see each other more often and so I found myself driving to meet with him every other week. Then that was not enough so we met every week! Soon, I had to take a break. For the couple of years we met infrequently. Then we started up again with the monthly meetings, which soon became bi-weekly until yet again we were seeing each other every week. I trusted him wholly and completely. I put my life in his hands and look where it has gotten me! I am disillusioned and disappointed. Numb and sore.

Yes it is true - *sob*. The rose-coloured glasses are off. My ob/gyn's stock has definitely fallen. He told me today, after I complained about some pelvic pain (I suspected a hernia - oh how I wished that were it!), that he believed the pain was a result of endometriosis on the c-section incision site. This is, btw, the incision that he made when he delivered Cars. At least I think it was from that incision and not the one from Dex because I don't recall having this pain back then...

I need to go back to see him in a couple of weeks so he can further determine if he is correct and if so, laparoscopy is the proposed course of action.

Oh, how I wish it were a hernia. Yes, abdominal surgery would be preferred rather than laparoscopy, the thought of which has brought about disillusionment and disappointment. The trust is gone!

The end of the affair.

It is bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment