Wednesday, January 11, 2006

An acquaintance of mine, H., was diagnosed over the holidays with Dementia which is a rare, degenerative brain illness that causes dementia. H. is just 45 years old. One of her sons is a classmate of Jax.

The past two mornings, H. has been out for a walk and decided to stop by my house. Yesterday, I invited her in after she knocked on the door but she did not leave for over an hour and a half! She left only because I kind of ushered her out as I was taking Dex out to the bus for school. Then this morning, she knocked on the door and stepped right in when I answered. She took off her coat and shoes and looked at me. It was so bizarre. So I asked her if she wanted some coffee (I was just about to eat my breakfast) and she said yes. Again, she stayed until Dex left for school! I am afraid to answer my door tomorrow. I had not yet showered when she arrived because I had just finished exercising so I did not get to shower until the early afternoon.

The weird thing is that we aren't really friends. I mean we are friendly, say hello and chat about her kids (she loves to talk about them) but honestly I was so surprised to see her yesterday at my door. And again today.

Ash says H. is reaching out. Ash knows her so better than I do so I was wondering why H. is stopping by my house and not Ash's. Anyway, I hope I have the courage to tell her to tell her that I cannot entertain her if she comes by again tomorrow. Gotta bake and get ready for book club.

And speaking of book club, earlier today there were reports that Random House was offering people refunds on their copies of "A Million Little Pieces" but they are now denying that report. This is getting so interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment