Friday, January 20, 2006

Sigh

Ok, just in case anyone did not realize, that last post was a tongue-in-cheek. I did not have an affair with my OB and I would not rather have abdominal surgery v laparoscopy.

Today, I printed off a copy of the "rules" for priority acceptance to the preschool at our church because I was hoping to send Cars there in the fall. Anyway, they look at "regular participation in parish life". This should not be a problem. I attend church most Sundays with the kids. I have the older two enrolled in RE and I am the supply/support person for Dex's class (I get the supplies together for the teachers each week and I fill in for them if they are away). I am a member of MOPS at our parish and I help out with the craft.

The part that will be difficult is the "planned giving amount" each year. Stephen is not attending church and said a few years ago that he will never give "another dime" to the church because they were using *his* money to pay for the lawsuits that they were party to by moving priests around from parish to parish, diocese to diocese rather than dealing with the problem priests. I do not work and I do not earn an income. He says his money is my money and I know that yet I feel very torn supporting the church when it goes against his wishes. So, I give some each week and feel guilty for supporting the church against his wishes and feel guilty because I feel I should give more (Catholics are great at guilt!). Anyway, I know the amount I give will not move us up on the preschool priority list. I hope Cars gets in anyway.

If that fails, I do not know what I will do. I will just have to find another preschool around with an opening and most likely it will be an afternoon slot because the morning slots will be full by the time I hear back from our preschool.

And the whole thing will be moot if Cars is not potty trained by September 1 anyway because he will not be allowed to go to school in diapers. Think I will get one of my three completely trained by the time they are three?!

No comments:

Post a Comment