Monday, January 09, 2006

As Silvia mentioned in my blog comments yesterday, thesmokinggun.com has an article about James Frey and "A Million Little Pieces", claiming that he fabricated much of the book (their article here). It certainly changes ones view on the book, imagining that some was fabrication and not a "nonfiction" book as it was marketed.

Anyway, my dilemma is do I let the rest of the book club know before the meeting on Thursday so they can read the smoking gun article too or do I tell them afterwards? Everyone is so keyed up to discuss the book! I feel like I will burst their bubbles if I tell them about the smoking gun. Actually, I think I am just trying to save face because the book I chose last year for book club SUCKED and here I picked this awesome book and here it is - FAKE! At least this book should generate lots of discussion!

Today is the 21st straight day of rain. The weather forecast predicts rain everyday for the next 15 days which should break the all-time record for most consecutive days of rain (33 days (1/6 - 2/7/53)). It is getting so friggin depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment