Friday, January 13, 2006

Book club this evening was a lot of fun. Everyone enjoyed the book regardless of the current controversy surrounding it. I watched James Frey on Larry King last night but missed the last couple of minutes and did not realize that Oprah had called in the last couple of minutes to give her support to James Frey. Fortunately, I had also DVR'd it so I was able to go back and watch what I had missed (Stephen turned the channel to Project Runway (geez Santino pisses me off with his arrogance!).

Anyway, I love the women in my book club. They are a fun bunch and we always have such a good time. Maybe we should create a card club too so we can meet more often. Or Bunco (I don't get that game but lots of people love it!).

Tomorrow, Nanny is coming and I am going to get my eyes checked. I want/need new glasses. I hate the ones I bought last year. I hope I can get a nice pair within my benefits limit (gotta go to Costco, I guess). I also have to go to the Y to cancel Jax, Dex and Cars' Y memberships since we now belong to a new club, compliments of the Evil Empire. Well, Stephen's membership is compliments of EE. We pay separately for mine and kids under 9 are free.

Today is day 24 of rain. We are now tied for the second stretch of consecutive rain days ever. Now everyone wants to break the 33 day record so all of this rain, flooding, mud slides and gloom will not have been in vain. The lake down the hill from us is flooding and the multi-million dollar homes are in peril. Click here to see a slideshow of the flooding. My backyard is a small lake. I will try to post a picture of it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment