Monday, October 31, 2005

Boo!

Happy Halloween!

What a night! It rained most of the day and it has been pissing rain since 5pm. Stephen took the kids out and they got drenched. Cars gave up after four houses. The other two wanted to come home after hitting about 10 homes. It was just too wet. We only had about 30 kids total tonight so the few trick'r'treaters who came after 7:30pm got handfuls of candy from us.

We decided to skip the Microsoft Halloween gig because I did not want to ge stuck in traffic for an hour getting home, especially in the rain. I was able to get Cars to wear a costume once he realized he would get CANDY if he wore one. I could see the lightbulb go on so he agreed to put on the Yoda costume, but he would wear the mask only on top of his head rather than over his face. But it worked out. I hemmed Dex's Yoda costume (Halloween '03) so Cars would not trip over it and then my Star Wars troop set out:



And here is Jax's pumpkin (can you see the face, complete with eyebrows(!) and the word BOO!! on the bottom? - actually, you cannot see the B in BOO):



The best part about tonight is that the kids agreed to keep only 10 pieces of candy and the rest they are trading for "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" which Stephen will buy tomorrow. Stephen will take the rest of the candy to work tomorrow. Especially the peanut stuff.

The scariest part of the night was when I went to take the jack'o'lanterns into the garage (so we don't have them smashed on our car in the morning) and there was a big, FAT, THICK, DISGUSTING slug on one of them. And I accidentally touched it. ~swoon~ They make me sick to look at sometimes. They are about as thick and as long as my fingers. I wish I had some salt to pour on it but I used all of the salt in the house making that damn play-doh last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment