Sunday, October 30, 2005

Geez my arms are tired. Why oh why did I say I would make play-doh for Jax's "Harvest Party". Actually, I tried to volunteer for the sugar cookies but some other mom was baking them. So the Room Mom told me to make play-doh. I have never made it in my life. I have never had the URGE to make it in my life. I could not find more than one recipe that was the same as another. I finally found one that looked like it would make a lot. A lot! My KitchenAid had problems handling it. Then it was too dry so I had to break it down into smaller batches, add a little water and knead it and add a little water and knead it and add a little water and knead it and add a little water and knead it. Then I coloured the batches and kneaded and kneaded and kneaded. And now my arms hurt. And the play-doh sucks! But my arms hurt too much to keep kneading. :( Never again!

Today I took Dex to a birthday party to the indoor soccer arena. He had a good time but got a little weepy when no one would pass him the ball. I have a feeling he is on the verge of getting sick because he has beeen so weepy the past three days. Or maybe being 5.5 years old is just hard. :(

Cars has been a little pip these days. He screams for fun, won't eat dinner, smacks Dex every chance he gets. Welcome, Terrible Twos.

edited to add that I found a blouse on overstock.com that is similar to the one I bought for Ramona's wedding. It is like this one except the blouse I bought is sleeveless. I am wearing it with a long black satin skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment