Saturday, October 15, 2005

Busy Bee

We still haven't resolved the IE problem. I backed up the computer last night as I believe we may be looking at a new install of XP. It is amazing what one can accomplish when one's computer is acting up.

I have been busy doing stuff that I normally would not do if the computer was working properly. I finished off another book and am getting ready to start the next one for book club. I completed one Halloween craft and am working on another. This is the one I finished:

(Jax insisted on the "evil" eyes...the eyes were going to just be ovals).
And this is the one I am working on:

It is a mummy hand. I made it because I was determined to make at least one thing from the book I borrowed from the library without buying any supplies since my house rivals Michaels with all the crafting items I have that I buy but never use. Anyway, once the fabric stiffener is completely dry I just need to wrap more fabric and glue it in place.

The kids are so excited about Halloween. They have a party to go to on Friday and I think we will be going to the Evil Empire for the huge Halloween party they always have. Traffic is always a mess coming home so I will have to leave the candy out for early trick'r'treaters so the mummy hand and my ghost will have to guard the (non-chocolate) candy (kids complain at our house because I do not give out chocolates since they are not safe for Jax).

I wrote an article for the PTSA newsletter about food allergies. It is supposed to be accompanied by an article by the (useless)school nurse. We'll see what happens. I was late getting it in because Stephen kept telling the things I was writing were inflammatory and I needed to tone it down. We ended up (re)writing mostly together and he allowed me the use of "life-threatening allergy" in place of "severe allergy" a few times.

My next project is to pick up my knitting again. I never did finish the sweater for Denise's baby (who was born three weeks ago). I want to knit a hat for Jax and maybe one for Dex since the one I knit him last year was too small and fit Cars. I have swap ornaments to make and I want to make a tree skirt for our Christmas tree.

Wow - that is a lot of things. Perhaps I should not be in any hurry to fix this computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment