Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I knew it was bound to happen one of these Wednesdays. But I always figured it would be a pick-up and not time to go to school.

We are on an altered schedule on Wednesdays and the kids get out 1.5 hours early. Because of that, afternoon kindergarten starts 45 minutes earlier. So today, we are eating our lunch and enjoying our time together, la-dee-da. Dex gets his shoes and coat on and then I sent him out to the car for his backpack (I had packed it earlier in the car because we left at 7am this morning to have the car serviced and I was't sure how long it would take but they were out of the part so we were out and home by 10 after a stop at Fred Meyer - whew!).

Ok so we are standing around waiting for the bus and I see that my neighbour's car is gone so I figured that she was running an errand and would just drive her dd to school. Wait. Wait. Wait. Now it is three minutes past bus pick up time (he is very prompt) and I see a van drive by, stop, turn around and it pulls up next to me. "Hi!" perky lady says as I recognize her as the mom one of Dex's schoolmates. "I'm B's mom and I guess you forgot that it is Wednesday!". Oops, the bus went by nearly 50 minutes ago. I thanked her and rushed the kids into the car and to the school. Now I am all screwed up and I have to pick the kids up in one hour.

Ugh, I hate Wednesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment