Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I started Christmas shopping for Stephen today. I ordered some spices for him from Penzeys. Stephen loves the tellicherry peppercorns. I have no idea what else to buy him. He has three things on his list - pepper, Mad Magazine subscription renewal (insert eyeroll here) and a travel mug for his morning coffee. OH.MY.GOD. Could it get any more boring?! Oh and this list is for me, the kids, my brother and my mother to chose from.

Our Home Owner's Association sent a letter around today asking for a vote on getting locked mailboxes. I think it is a good idea but I wonder how much it would cost. I read once that per capita, our city has one of the highest rates of identity theft in the country. Just last week, someone rifled through the mailboxes around the corner.

My next-door neighbour is pregnant with twins and she found out yesterday that the twins are identical girls. So that will give them four girls in total. The older two (ages 5 and 3) have bright red hair so they are dying to know if the twins will be redheads too.

Remember the Wednesday when I forgot that it was an early dismissal day and I forgot to get Dex out to the bus 45 minutes early? And I was just glad that I did not forget to pick the kids UP early? Ok, well that did not happen to me today but my friend forgot and I had to take her kids home with me (with permission from the school because I am on their emergency contact list). She was out leisurely shopping at Target and had forgotten her cell phone at home so I could not get a hold of her.

I wrote a "50 Things About Me" in Her Time and #41 was "I am too cheap to go to Starbucks". Today I decided that I could afford it so I splurged and drove through the drive-through for a Peppermint Hot Cocoa. OMG it was so good!! I keep thinking about it and wondering if my frugal self (ok, cheapo self) can afford another $3.17 tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment