Sunday, November 20, 2005

My poor son. He had been growing his hair long because he thinks it makes him look like a teenager (whatever). I have indulged him because it is one little bit of control his has in his life. Anyway, his hair had gotten a little shaggy (as had Dex's and Cars' hair) so I took them to KidsCuts for a trim. I explained to the hair stylists that they just needed trims to make their hair a little neater. I think there was a language barrier because the lady cutting Jax's hair asked if she could use the trimmers and I said no, just a trim. So she started to cut and she is cutting and cutting and cutting and 15 minutes later Dex's hair is done by his stylist and Jax's stylist is still cutting and cutting and cutting and his hair looks like shit at the back. Five minutes later, Cars' stylist finished and still Jax's stylist is still hacking away at his hair. Finally I went to her and said she could use the trimmers on a big number (anyone with boys will know what that means) so she gives me a "THANK GOD" look and gets out the trimmers. I specifically said "Leave it long in the front and on top". Just then Stephen came back into the shop (he had run across the parking lot to Home Depot) so we started chatting. I look up again and Jax's hair is BUZZED and he is in tears.

O.M.G.! I didn't know what to do. The lady finished up and we left. Jax was crying because his hair was not long anymore. My poor boy. I am mad at myself for paying for that hair cut (it looks good but it is definitely NOT what he wanted).
I am afraid now that he is traumatized and will never cooperate to get his hair cut again. He said he will only go to school on Monday if he is wearing a hat! (I wonder if I can get the hat that I am knitting finished by then!). I feel so badly for him because he was soooo upset. I remember a similar thing happened to my brother back when he was about 9 or 10 and for the next 20 years he refused to cut his hair (just kidding JP but remember I have that picture of you with the Bon Jovi hair).

I will try to post a before and after picture of Jax tomorrow if he will pose for me. Oh, I feel so badly for him because he was so distraught. Poor boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment