Friday, November 04, 2005

Booga Bag

Well look at me! Two completed knitting projects in just over a week!

I started knitting a Booga Bag last week and it knit up so quickly! I used Noro Kureyon self-striping wool. I had to learn two new techniques to knit it. Picking up stitches and knitting an I-cord.

Here is the bag after I had completed knitting it. I did make the I-cord about 7 feet long rather than the 5-6 mentioned in the pattern.


To felt it, I had to run it through the washing machine *6* times (with HOT water - my poor gas bill!). I have a front-loading washer and apparently it just not agitate the clothes enough to do a proper felting in 2-3 washes.

After felting, I blocked the bag using a shoe box (boys size 13):


And here is the completed project:


I really enjoyed making this bag - it was so simple! Next time, I would make the I-cord even long than 7 feet because I think they are a little short. I would also like to make this bag a little deeper and wider too. I had enough yarn leftover that I definitely could have made it much deeper. Also, the top rolls out a bit. For stability, I have a double layer of black plastic cross-stitch canvas in the bottom of the bag.

My next project is a black hat for Jax, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment