Sunday, September 28, 2008

There is not much going on. Today it is warm so we worked in the garden and yard. My neighbour had a huge pile of mulch sitting on the road in front of her house since the beginning of July. She has been digging away at it all summer but there was a lot still left over. She told me I could take the rest. I filled up the wheelbarrow 8 times and only managed to fill in half of this little "island" that is in my front yard. But, the road is now cleaned up and I got a good work out. Next year we'll really need to do a lot of work in the yard and garden to get a handle on it all.

My vegetable garden was a bust this year. I got six measly carrots out of it, three snow peas. My tomato plants finally sprouted some tomatoes but they are still green. Not one of my pumpkin plants have sprouted fruit (although they did all flower). Next year, I will plant the seeds much earlier or only put in plants rather than seeds in May.

Here are a few pictures:

Green Tomatoes

Pumpkinless Pumpkin patch


Six carrots


Need more mulch

One nice thing is my yard is my hydrangea bush which is very happy living next to the hot tub.

My very happy Hydrangeas

No comments:

Post a Comment