Monday, September 15, 2008

Stop the Bus!

Good lesson for my kids today. A little girl got off the bus at their stop. She looked lost and she was! She was supposed to get off at the previous stop but the driver drove off before she got to the front of the bus (I think a lot of kids get on/off that stop as it is beside an apartment complex). She decided to get off at our stop then because it was the next one. But then she did not know how to get home. I had her call her mom on my cell phone (her mother apparently does not meet the bus). Then I walked her home (via my neighbour's backyard as she has a gate that opens to the church property that is between my next-door neighbour's yard and the apartment complex. Anyway, we met up with her mom and then I took my kids home.

I never, ever, ever considered what might happen if my kids missed their stop. I guess because I am virtually always there (twice I was on my way to the stop when the bus arrived). Also, Jax and Des rode together last year and this year all three of them ride together. But, there might be a day when they have to travel on the bus by themselves. They now know the plan which is to stay on the bus and tell the driver so s/he can either bring them back to our stop or take the kids back to the school and I will pick them up there.

And I hope that the mom of that girl meets her dd at the bus stop from now on. The girl told me that she just walks to her apartment after she gets off the bus. Maybe I am waaay overprotective but I think meeting the kids at the bus is probably a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment