Thursday, September 18, 2008

I just re-read my post from yesterday and I have a typo (not should read now) plus an unfinished sentence. Man, it was just a bad day.

Today was day 1 of the garage sale. I am STUNNED that people dicker over stuff that costs 25 cents. Seriously, T and I price our stuff very inexpensively (we've been told our prices are too low) and yet people still ask for free stuff (or to knock money off). I can understand bartering for things that cost more than a few dollars or if you buy many things that comes to $5.50 and asking if you can get it for $5 (sure!). But to want to buy three 25 cent items for only 25 cents. C'mon!

I managed to get rid of two old dressers that would otherwise have meant a trip to the dump. T sold a lot of her furniture that she brought over plus a lot of kids' clothes. She was re-folding an old skirt of her dd's and felt a lump in the pocket. She reached in and found $16! Good thing she had not yet sold the skirt. Also, in a bag of "old toys", she found a brand-new Webkinz of her dd's. She figures her dd was playing with it in the basement and left it there then it was shoved in a bag with the old toys. Boy, someone really could have scored at our sale!

Day 2 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment