Thursday, September 11, 2008

I started guitar lessons today! Finally! I am so excited even though my first lesson consisted of learning the parts of the guitar, learning how to hold a pick and practicing moving the fingers on my left hand up and down. Next week, I am going to learn how to re-string my guitar. This is great!

Book club was this evening and I took Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies from The Pioneer Woman Cooks! They were so good! I am definitely going to make them again.

And I feel as though I should write something profound and thought-provoking about 9/11 but all I have to say is thanks to my friend Jill, who was pregnant at the time, for naming her dd Hope when she was born. Hope gave me hope and whenever I despair about the state of the world, I think of Hope. Jill (and Hope) also helped me make the decision about having a third child and really there are not enough words in the world to thank them for that.

Jill and Hope will forever be in my hearts when I look at my baby. Even when he is a man and I sneak into his house to rock him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment